Underwaterpistol is looking for a talented midweight UX/UI designer with 3+ years of experience to design and shape unique, user-centric ecommerce websites. The ideal candidate will have experience working with designers, developers and copywriters.
Roles & responsibilities
- Create, improve and use wireframes, prototypes, style guides, user flows, and effectively communicate your interaction ideas using any of these methods
- Present your design decisions. This should be based on the overall design roadmap as well as your own design thinking and fundamental principles (i.e. colour theory, visual weight, etc.)
- Keep abreast of best practices/trends/tools
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
Required skills and experience
- Proven track record designing for ecommerce
- Agency experience
- Strong portfolio to be presented during interview
- Hands-on experience creating wireframes, prototypes, storyboards, user flows, etc.
- Experience using tools such as Figma, Sketch, Adobe Creative Cloud
- Creative ideas with problem-solving mindset
- Open to receiving objective criticism and improving upon it
- Great attention to detail
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good research skills
- Ability to present to clients comfortably
- Ability to articulate your ideas to the wider team with clarity and confidence
- Ability to deliver ideas & concepts that combine a creative and strategic understanding
- A positive, proactive, can-do attitude
- Love of design and creativity
- Understanding of development and what is possible
- A strong understanding of UX design.
Nice to have
- Experience in other creative areas e.g. branding, animation, illustration, photography, art direction
- Competitive salary (based on experience)
- Generous holidays
- Pension scheme
- Joining a fast-growing and dynamic agency
- Contributing to a diverse range of client projects
- Working with a fun, relaxed, inclusive, highly-motivated team.
If you are interested in learning more about the role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with CV and covering letter.